Blogging has been the core element of generating traffic for a website. It does not require any experts but you need to follow some basic principles in order to excel. Blogging helps in generating traffic and subsequently increases your conversion rate. Blogs are usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. Blogs should be interactive, allowing visitors to leave comments and even message each other via widgets on the blogs because it is this interactivity that distinguishes them from other static websites. In this article, we will help you with some basic blogging tops that you may follow in order to bring more traffic to your website.
1) Passion – Money is always a great concern but write something which you are passionate about. Your sole motive should not be money. It should be to write something that people might be interested in and for generating interest, you have to be passionate about the topic. This makes you stick to the topic and you can easily rectify any mistakes that you make.
2) Domain Name – You should always get your own domain name before starting a blog. You can start the blog by using free services like WordPress etc. The cost is not too much and you can host it for free with some options like blogger.com etc. Having your own domain makes you look more professional. While it may not make you a pro-blogger, the ad networks will take you a lot more seriously. Some ad networks will not accept a site unless it has its own domain name. Moreover, if you do it the right way, the cost can be covered with your profits.
3) Regular Updates – A non updated blog is as good as a deal blog. Updating a blog on regular basis is extremely necessary. It not only brings traffic but also gives you exposure. This is where your passion counts. If you’re passionate about the topics, there are more chances that you will update the blog on a regular basis.
4) Target Audience – This is the most important thing about blogging. Always clear your mind about who you are targeting. Write according to their needs and interests. Get to know your readers via messages, comments, discussions and other social media. Blogging is about forming relationships. It is up to the blogger to get to know the readers and build relationships.
5) Monetize – The last part is to monetize your blog with a lot of different money making sources. The best way is Google Adsense and the banner ads. Though this plays an important role, but try to mix other advertising models too. Do not just rely on one source. Design your blog in such a way that it is a mix of different marketing and advertising models so that you can earn more.
Netvani is a Social Media Monitoring and Marketing Tool to help you expand your presence in social Media.